Friday, December 17, 2010

Rocaille Redes: Retro Curls without Heat

Credit has to be given to the lovely YouTuber who originally came up with this idea, Maria from The Lipstick Diaries. I strongly recommend you watch her tutorial for the step by step how to on this no-heat technique, but here's the result I achieved:

left: my hair in the evening, right: the end result in the morning

A couple of tips:
1. I used a bit of light hair mousse (TRESemme Naturals Lightweight Mousse) in my hair from ears down for a bit more volume and hold.
2. Even on my long hair, the whole process took about 10 minutes. Super quick and easy!
3. The headband won't slide off your head at night, no worries. It's also reasonably comfortable provided you find a good, not too tight headband.
4. Those curls, as you can see in the photo, aren't perfect, but they're bouncy and voluminous and take the least time from all the methods I've tried so far. And most importantly, this technique won't damage your hair!

Do check out Maria's channel and I hope this was helpful for those of you looking for easy Holiday hair style ideas! What's your inspiration for the perfect Christmas party hairdo?

16 comments:

  1. Your hair is absolutley gorgeous!!! I can't believe how easy this technique is and you don't need an ounce of heat!!!! I think I will have to try this : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so jealous of your hair ;) Thx for sharing that, tha's exactly what I needed (though I'll have to wait a couple of months until my hair grows back after a hairdresser disaster ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love this look it looks much more natural than tonged hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah: Definitely try it, it's so easy and quick!

    @Lydia: I think all thanks should go to Maria, I just shared the love :)

    @anu: Growing your hair back can be such a pain... But I think it works for different lengths as well :)

    @Tali: I'm sure it'd look amazing in your long hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! thanks for sharing :) ***

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat! I HAVE to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and a must-try for me! Love finding a fellow redhead : ) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured this on my blog!
    http://themidkid.blogspot.com/2011/02/stuff-i-like-sunday_27.html

    xoxo Cara Mason

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this and have been doing it everyday for the last 2 weeks! My hair looks AMAZING! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried this too!! It's my favourite thing to do just now, so simple and kind to my hair - yay! Thank you for sharing it

    http://smeeeff.blogspot.com/2011/04/curly-top.html

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little more impressed with how your hair was blonde in the evening..then red.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering about the color difference too! Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lisa Marie Trent & @boogeymanda: The color difference is in the lighting, one photo was taken in the evening with artificial lights, the other in the morning in natural daylight. My hair color changes all the time like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!! Following you now :)xx

    ReplyDelete